- 2002 - Professor of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg
- 1999-2002 Professor of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg
- 1980- physician, Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Östra, currently working as a cardiology consultant at Östra
- 1992 associate professor, internal medicine University of Gothenburg
- 1995 Specialist cardiology
- 1988 PhD
- 1985 Specialist internal medicine
- 1980 license to practise medicine
- 1978 MD University of Gothenbur
Rewards and distinctions
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Member of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences in 2010 awarded Silver Medal, and selected for 2010 Geoffrey Rose lecture in Population Sciences, European Society of Cardiology Congress 2010.
- 2011 awarded Badge of Merit from the City of Gothenburg for scientific achievements
Long term commitment to the education of medical students in internal medicine and cardiology
Cardiovascular epidemiology, cohort studies, register studies. Member of steering committee for several large international observational studies such as INTERHEART, INTERSTROKE and PURE, and takes part in SCAPIS. For links, please see below.